Forever friends card for Stacy’s birthday

Last week was my friend Stacy’s birthday so I decided to turn one of my cross-stitches into a card for her.

This was a cross stitch that I had done some time ago but never really known what to do with.
I found a card blank that I had and measured out a space to cut into it for the cross stitch to show through. I love this card blank and thought it would work really well as a surround for this stitching project with the flowers/plants across the bottom of both the cross stitch and card.
I made sure that the gap I had cut was big enough for the stitching to all show through and then cut the fabric down to size so that it wouldn’t show out of the sides of the card.
I stuck it to the inside of the card with double sided tape.
And added a sheet of white card to cover the back of the stitching.
Ta dah!
I love the way it turned out and such a great use of my old cross stitch. As with all of these things I was actually quite sad to see it go especially as I think I did such a good job of mounting it in the card but Stacy seemed really pleased with it and seem to appreciate my efforts. It’s always so worth giving things away when they are appreciated.

Happy birthday again Stacy. I hope you had a lovely day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea