Travel scissors and cross stitch

Last night I said to the hubby that I was going to take my cross-stitch out with me today - I had a training course with work that I was over the other side of the city doing so I wanted to take this with me to amuse myself if I arrived early and after the event as the plan is to meet him for dinner tonight.

I don’t have a small sewing bag to take out with me so I could only think of using a small food bag to put it in to keep it clean in my handbag. I went out to my exercise class and came back to find that he had made me a present.

It’s this little sleeve made out of leather
It fits my sewing scissors in perfectly and has stopped them piercing through the bag I’m using to take my sewing around with me today
Sewing on the move has been very enjoyable - I managed a little bit before the course started this morning as I was early to arrive and I’m now sat in the Ikea cafe with my free cup of tea doing some more while waiting for the hubby to come and meet me to take me out for dinner.
A possible plan for this weekend will be to make myself a little sewing bag so I don’t have to use the plastic one any more too. I also have a lot of other plans for some Christmassy makes as we have a full 3 days off together just to chill out at home. I can’t wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea