Christmas cross-stitch cards

We know I’ve started a little Christmas cross-stitch this year sewing a robin but when I was going through my cross-stitch bag over the weekend I found a few other cross-stitches that I’ve done in previous years but haven’t managed to do anything with. I was in a big crafty mood over the weekend but also had a finishing attitude going on. It’s such a shame to have spent all the time and effort on these to just have them left in a drawer - something needed to be done with them I decided.

I found a couple of packs of cards blanks that I had and set about cutting the cross-stitches down to size so they would fit in the frames.
With some of them I also had to cut an extra sheet of card as backing to the cross-stitch as they weren’t triple fold cards.

These top 3 I found difficult to get in the frames - they came in a kit but as I’d sewn them the fabric had obviously twisted slightly in the sewing frame. They’re not perfect as although I tried to twist them back it didn’t work perfectly with all of them.
The other ones worked pretty well although the frames weren’t the perfect size for all of them. The cracker was a pretty tight fit as was the pile of presents although as that one’s square it looks like it was supposed to be like that.
That’s 7 cards all done and made up ready for Christmas - now all I have to do is work out who to give them too. I hope people like them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea