Coast to Coast for Lesley Fawkes

It was a while ago that it was suggested that I try to take on the coast to coast walk. I suggested it to my friend (when we had both had a fair amount to drink) and considering I agreed to do the most stupid thing I’ve ever done in my life for her in 2018, she agreed to do this with me.

This was 2018’s challenge:
Bungee jumping off the Middlesbrough transporter bridge. Caroline went first
 Closely followed by me
We both said that it was absolutely horrendous and definitely never to be repeated!

So this year the coast to coast walk feels a much more sensible option. Although a lot longer and requiring a lot more prep!

Caroline has done most of the organising so far which I am hugely grateful for. She has got us some hoodies for each of us to wear - and I have to say it’s the softest most comfortable hoodie I think I have ever owned too!
We did one little training walk together in the summer to see if we didn’t get insanely lost and could survive in each other’s company for a couple of hours without the distraction of anyone else or of the pub.
 I managed to not loose Caroline in the jungle
 We climbed mountains...
 And traversed great seas
 It was a really pretty walk
And we both made it to the end with smiling faces
Powered by caramel wafers!
 we had a good couple of hours out exploring together so we planned our route
And started to get ourselves ready with all the kit we need to go with - although I’m sure my hubby’s enjoying that bit a little too much and is thinking I’m some sort of trekking donkey not a person going out for a few day walks!
We’ve also been out for a test of my new backpack and trousers together in the summer too. We are planning on doing a lot more of these together through the summer - he’s going to help me do my training.
We even tested out the little camping stove that I got for making a brew. It worked well and is dead easy to do too.
We will be raising money for Lesley’s fund of MNDA through our just giving page

Another post to follow showing our adventures from the other weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea