Piggie cross stitch

One of the secret projects that I’ve been working on is this piggie cross stitch. I’ve had the kit for a while and not made it as I wasn’t sure what I would do with it and I wasn’t too sure about the message on it but in times like these I have found that I am resurrecting some older things that I’ve had to a while and making some use for them.
 I started off doing the really exciting bit that you get with new projects and sorted all of the thread onto a thread holder. There are some lovely colours in here.
Then I set to work on stitching the piggie. I love the way that it started to come together with the way the shading worked in the pattern. It was really enjoyable to stitch as well due to the different shades in it but all of them covering large enough areas that it wasn’t a massive faff changing colours all the time.
 I stitched the pillow next as I knew the little piggie would definitely need that to look all snuggled up. And then started with the flowers and greenery at the bottom.
 The thing that I really didn’t like about the pattern was the clock on the top and the message too. It’s quite an appropriate message for me really but I wanted to gift this to a friend and I knew it wouldn’t work for her so I decided to just leave out the clock all together for. The design. That meant I could start on the back stitching to really bring this little piggie to life.
 The pattern made her look a bit square and boxy the way that the back stitching was done I thought so I’ve tried to smooth out the edges as much as I could. The friend that I made this for works at a pub and therefore is currently facing the summer months with no work. She also usually has pigs of her own in her field too in summer so I hoped she would like this. I amended the text at the top to read “enjoy lazy summer mornings” instead of what was in the pattern as I thought this would be more fitting in the circumstances.
Finally the kit came with its own frame to put the cross stitch in then it’s finished so I fixed the cross stitch to some mount board that I stole from the hubby and then fixed it into the frame. Added a sheet of cardboard to the back to hide the edges and here it is.
 Finally I found this card in my stash that I had made several years ago in a card making class I used to go to. This also seemed perfect as my friend loves her garden so the card can finally go to its rightful home.
 Here are the finished pieces all ready to be sent off.
I’ve just been told that the gift was received today - hence why I can now share this post with you. It seems to be much appreciated. I hope the little piggie enjoys her new home, I’m sure she’ll be well looked after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea