Decoupage canvas and painting

This is what the test painting the other day has lead to...

I found a tiny little canvas in a drawer - I think I received it in a kit at some point - and decided that I wanted to have a go at doing a little bit of painting. I didn’t want to paint directly onto the canvas so I thought I would decoupage it with newspaper before painting on it - no idea where that idea came from! Ooh - I was doing some other decoupage which you’ll see later and that’s what made me decide to do this. Anyway here goes.

I decoupaged some newspaper onto a tiny canvas that I had.
 Cut out a template for the paint to go inside
Tried using blue tac in the back of the stencil to stick this to my canvas.
 This didn’t work so I then went for tac on the canvas itself.
 And I was all set up ready to paint
 I went for the same tactic as on my favourite test piece - painting inwards from the outside of the stencil being careful not to let any of the paint seep underneath this time.
 And then comes the big reveal. Yah dah!
I’m quite pleased with my tiny little canvas painting. I think I may have a go at doing some more like this soon. I’ve just had an idea for an abstract design I could do on a bigger canvas that I know I already have. Watch this space...

I hope you’re all coping ok with lockdown and finding ways to amuse yourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea