Test painting for a future idea

I had an idea for something I wanted to do with a tiny little canvas that I have but before I get into that completely I wanted to do a bit of a test run.

I cut out a heart shaped template from paper and tried a couple of different ways of trying to paint the template.
I attached it to the front of a card blank that I had - I thought I may as well end up with something out of it even if it is only a test piece.
We only have acrylic paint at home and I wanted to try a drizzling or flicking technique to fill in the template so I watered down some paint and started to flick it at the hole in the template.
I started off with light pink and then gradually turned it darker and continued to flick at the heart hoping to fill the whole area with paint...
I think I should have used card or definitely something more waterproof for the stencil as this is the hot mess that came out! Definitely not a success.
Moving swiftly on to plan B...

The watering down of the paint didn’t seem like the best of plans so as acrylic is quite thick and not too wet I decided to have a go at just painting within the stencil using the standard paint.

For the first attempt I used the inside of the template I had cut previously and tried just adding small amounts of paint on around the edges of the heart. This went fairly well although I was kindly reminded by Adam that this heart was too big for the final project that this is actually meant to be a test run for. So I cut a smaller one and tried again.
This also turned out ok but I thought I would try one more experiment and see what would happen now if I were to try to paint within the middle of a cut out heart template.

Here’s all 3 attempts
I definitely prefer the middle option with the filled in heart and that will definitely work best on the other project that this was a test for but I do think I still ended up with 3 nice cards that I can send to people. I may even write one this weekend so someone can get something nice in the post to cheer them up in there trying times.

More to come on the final project hopefully after the weekend. Stay home and stay safe everyone. Take care. X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van