Fimo elephant keyring

This is just one of the little crafts that I did last week when we had our week off.

I’ve been looking through the boxes of kits that I have and this was one that I found. I had a couple of packs of the coloured air drying clay type stuff (Fimo is one brand that I’ve used previously - this is jumping clay)

Unfortunately as these sets have bee hanging around for a while the pack of white clay had already dried out and set but the blue could still be worked into shapes and stuck together.
The butterfly is what I was supposed to be able to make with the clay but without the white being any good we couldn’t combine the colours and make the different shades of blue. The best idea we had to make out of pure blue clay was an elephant.

Here he is - to be honest I made a few balls of the clay but the majority was made by my hubby - he did the trunk and the pretty bits!
 I think he’s cute!
Maybe his trunk should have been slightly shorter and attached more smoothly but the clay was starting to dry and set so it got a bit tricky.

It’s much harder than I thought it would be - I was quite happy with my first attempt a few years ago but I did make my last creation with the help of a salesperson on a stall at a craft fair. Having very direct instructions definitely made it a lot easier. I would be happy to try it again but would definitely need a plan or procedure to show me how to do this.

Stay safe all and keep trying these indoor activities that you would never have thought to try - you never know you may unlock some huge potential within yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea