New truck

We have recently become proud owners of the new road beast - a Isuzu d-max pickup truck. The idea is that we’re going to use it to help us go exploring a bit more - we’re planning on using it as a mini camper van (as we really can’t afford a proper one!)
I’ve been patiently waiting to get to have a drive of it but yesterday was the day. I got Adam to take me into his work car park when it was empty and had a drive round there first to get used to it (I drive a KA normally so this is huge!!) I did a few laps but passed the test and was trusted out onto the road to drive it home. It was so exciting. Not ideal for city driving so not sure I’ll be borrowing it to take it to work any time soon but I want to keep practicing when I can at the weekends and get used to driving it more.
 It’s dead comfy inside too (once you’ve managed to climb in) - I especially love the heated seats which are amazing when Adam insists on having the air con on throughout the winter.
We are still after suggestions for names for it. We want it to be our proper adventure car and to take us on all kinds of exciting trips away sleeping under the stars etc. I think the plan is that we will get a tent that fits to the roof box on the back just to extend the back slightly - while it would b eking enough - just about - for us to sleep in, to close the back we would need to sleep curled up so being able to have that down and the little extra protection of a tent round our feet essentially will be better.

Watch this space I’m sure there will be many more adventures to come with this, our new friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea