Restless

This evening I’m feeling a bit restless. I’ve had a shower when I got home from work and kind of wanted to go outside and get some fresh air. I think perhaps it’s because I didn’t get outside at lunch time today. I was so busy at work I went down to the canteen, heated my lunch and ate it quickly before heading back to work.

I’ve been watching Haze Outdoors which I love although I’m not sure if it’s helping tonight when I want to be outdoors myself.

Having settled into the sofa quite comfortably I am now starting to chill out a little and relax into the evening a bit more but I thought I’d take this opportunity to do something a bit productive and write a post about an evening we had outside a few weeks ago where we actually cooked our dinner over the fire in the garden.

Here’s a few photos for you:
We set up a pot over the fire on a new tripod we’d got. The only issue we had was that our fire pit is a bit wide so we had to balance it up on blocks to get it to fit over.
In there we had some sausages cut up into small-ish chunks and a load of veg roughly chopped too. A glug of red wine boiled away nicely to add plenty of flavour.

It didn’t take to long to cook - to the extent that the fire was still going almost too well when it was time for us to go inside and eat it that it seemed a shame to leave it.

We both said that it was one of the best dinners we’ve had in ages. We still can’t think of a better home cooked meal we’ve had. I’m not sure what made it so nice - if it was what went into the pot or the experience of cooking it outside over the real fire but it was awesome!

I would definitely recommend giving this a go if you have the change. We bought the cheapest tripod and cooking pot set we could find on amazon - it worked really well and is completely collapsible. I’m looking forward to giving this another go sometime or even taking it away with us to cook over a campfire when we go away in our new little tent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea