Lunch outside

Yesterday I needed a break from work and just fancied some fresh air at lunch time so I took myself out for a wander. While I work very close to the city and on a retail park I’m very lucky that there is a  canal close by. I only take 30 mins for lunch so there isn’t much time to get anywhere but just enough to get to the canal and back. 10 mins there, 10 back and about 10 in the middle to get some food in me.

I wandered down to the canal, turned left and found a little patch of grass to sit on. Laid my rain coat down as the weather was ok but the ground was still wet from all the rain we’ve had recently.
This was my view. There was even a man just a bit further along fishing on the same bank too.
It was nice to see him. It was nice to be on a bank with this marina on one side and the actual canal on the other so there were boats parked up on both sides of me.
I enjoyed my lunch - orzotto left over from last nights dinner. It was actually quite comfy on top of the little mound too. My bum only went slightly numb while I was sat there. It was a lovely lunch and  just what I needed as a little escape this lunchtime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea