Jan van Haasteren - camping in the wild

Last week I was entered into the round with my colleagues at work to share jigsaws. I’ve recently moved desks and now sit closer to the other members of my team which is great because it means I can be more involved in conversations with them. One of the things that was discussed last week was jigsaw puzzles. My colleague Louise often gets them and shares them with Elaine’s husband as well as her mother-in-law then they go to a charity shop when everyone has done them. I asked to get in on the round and Louise said she has loads at the minute so I could have some to do.

Of the first 2 I borrowed there was one with a note in it saying that there was a piece missing so I couldn’t bring myself to start that one but there was also another that was this Jan van Haasteren one which didn’t have any notes in and almost looked brand new so I started working on this one.

Obviously sort through the box to find the edges first
Then start to attach them to form a complete square
Then pick out all the most obvious coloured bits and start to attach them together - red, purple and pink for this one
 A few more pieces
 Get the water finished and just about all the tents - ignoring the white ones as white bits are always the worst to try to fit together
 Finally I stayed up late last night as I was pretty much completely hooked and NEEDED to get it finished. I had to “cheat” and look at the lid to find where the remaining pieces went as there was so much detail in the picture and so many hidden little bits to look for.

Ta-dah!
 This was a great puzzle to do.
I love the little details that are in it and fantastic quality as well. I’ve always wanted to but have never actually done a Jan van Haasteren before as I’m sure they’re always a little more expensive but I would say they’re well worth it. It all fit together so well that it was almost as tricky to take it apart as it was to piece it together. All the pieces fit together perfectly. It was a lovely build.

I’ve asked for a swap from Louise today so the next puzzle(s) are on their way. Looking forward to starting another - maybe this evening after work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conkers!

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea