Conkers!

A week last Friday I was sick of the rain and sick of not being able to get outside at lunch times so on my way home from work I decided to stop off for a walk at my local country park. The park happens to be very close to my hubby’s work so I persuaded him to skive off a few minutes early and join me for a wander.

I had a few minutes on my own and went to find a few clues for a nearby geocache so that we can hopefully find it the next time our niece is up to see us then we went for a walk around the lake and through the surrounding paths.

The grass (& bits of the paths) were pretty puddle-y so we had to stick to the more solid paths and try to avoid as many puddles as we could. We were both straight from work so we didn’t have our walking boots with us or anything.

We both turned into big kids when we got near the conker trees as there were so many conkers that had fallen.
These were all just under one tree!

There were even some still in their shells as they obviously hadn’t landed too hard on the soggy ground.

I kept loading my pockets up all the way round the walk (to the point that my coat was too heavy to do up and I had to carry the pockets).

We stopped to chat on our way round and weirdly made some quite big life decisions. It’s amazing what a bit of time away from the TV, normal life and the rest of civilisation can do. It was really good to actually make time for each other for a change.

The final part of our walk took us to this new section of the park that had recently been made by the volunteers.
I didn’t take too many photos as it didn’t quite feel right for some reason. It felt like a quiet space to wander and admire the garden. There was a small pond in there and a herb garden, a bath tub full of reeds and the best part were the little stepping stones you can see in the path here. All mosaic tiles made into pictures on animals and things they’re lovely. There has just been so much hard work put into this little area by the volunteers. It was so nice to take a short walk around.

When we got home we had to check out the conker haul - it took a while to empty all of our pockets especially with the ones in their shells as they were spikey when you were routling around in your pocket for them.
Now we just have to work out what to do with them. That could be a lot of games of conkers to play! Open to suggestions for anything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A weekend in the Charlie Van

Test painting for a future idea